Thursday, October 25, 2012

The results are in! BINGO!!

Even though the disc of the digital images is being snail-mailed to me, the radiologist faxed his report to our pediatrician. I have my copy in front of me and it says "There appear to be subtle areas of relatively decreased radiotracer uptake in the right parietal and left temporal lobes on coronal reconstructions." Yes! This is what we were looking for! The subtle perfusions in the front lobes are totally textbook NIDS. Since he is high-functioning, it makes sense that the perfusions are subtle.  This totally confirms to Brent and I that we are on the right track in working to recover our boy. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and I should add that the rest of his cerebrum and cerebellum looked fine. Praise God! 

Now we wait until we have our appointment with Dr. Russell in TX. It sounds like he will review all of the tests we've already run, and then run the rest that our pediatrician did not.   That's okay, I'll just keep happy dancin' while I wait :)  Thank you for all of your prayers and encouragement!  We are going to beat this thing, and I have a feeling we're going to help educate a lot of people out there as we continue on our journey. Yes and Amen!

Blessings,
Hill and the Gang

No comments:

Post a Comment