Monday, October 15, 2012

Just About Miraculous!!

As I was doing more NIDS research this weekend, I came across a NIDS yahoo group, and within that group learned of another Dr. who uses the Goldberg protocol. He has a waiting list, but doesn't charge the $400 processing fee like Dr. G. They will bill insurance (including our insurance!), and the miraculous part? He is located in Port Aransas, TX!!  For those of you outside of TX, let me explain that he is in a little island town just outside of Corpus Christi (where Brent is from and where family still is!).  Apparently he worked with an Autism Center in NY, but came back home to TX to practice a few years ago. He is really highly endorsed by those in the NIDS yahoo group. I asked my lovely Sister-In-Law ask around Port A. for opinions on him. So far, we're only hearing positives about him!  The unoffical information is that he is a Family Practice doc (not a pediatrician) but became familiar with the Goldberg approach because of his own experience with his child with NIDS.

I called this morning and got N on the waiting list. She said it will probably be Jan or Feb. Brent and I have already decided (Lord willing!) that I will take the baby and go w/ N on this trip. That will allow Brent's Mom and family to meet Baby G.  It may even work out that my wonderful niece (who was already contemplating a trip to AK) may be able to help me on one of the flights! Now do you see why I'm calling all of this miraculous? If not miraculous, at least divine for sure! :)

Okay, I'm off to go try to calm myself down in order to be an effective school teacher today...Praying you have a wonderful week ahead, full of joy and divine appointments as well!

Blessings,
Hillary

1 comment: